R&D Project Engineer
EpiGaN nv is involved in multi-partners R&D projects to develop next-generation of GaN material for electronics, in particular for next-generation 5G telecom standards. Besides epitaxial growth, material characterization and analysis of device performance are a key intrinsic part of these R&D projects. The R&D projects further include the transistor fabrication and related measurements with our partners. EpiGaN is looking for a motivated and experienced project engineer, with a strong background in semiconductor growth and/or semiconductor material analysis, and a good experience in project management, to successfully contribute to these R&D activities critical for EpiGaN growth.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing EpiGaN contributions in public-funded projects
- Coordinating project works and multiple-partners interaction in these projects
- Analysing and presenting obtained results (reports/presentations/meetings…)
- Interacting with external project partners or characterization subcontractors to coordinate internal and external characterization efforts
- Contributing to the material characterization on in-house measurement set-ups
- Developping appropriate material or electrical characterization set-ups and methodologies to support MOCVD developments; set-up measurement routines and perform statistical analysis
- Performing basic device electrical characterization, analysing results and feedback to epitaxy
You will be reporting to the CTO.
- Master’s or PhD engineering degree in physics, chemistry, material science or electrical engineering (electronics)
- More than 5 years working experience in the semiconductor industry
- A solid background in GaN technology for electronics and in general semiconductor technology
- Hands-on experience with semiconductor processing is mandatory
- Background in either material growth (MOCVD), material characterization techniques (X-Ray, PL, SIMS, TEM…) or device processing and electrical measurement (buffer and transistor characterisation, I-V, C-V, pulsed measurements...) required
- Willing to occasionally work at multiple sites within Belgium and to travel for project meetings within Europe.
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation and reporting skills
- Proven ability to work independently, while maintaining open communication
- A systematic attitude, an open mind and team player
- A good working knowledge of the English language